Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pressure probes in palabos

Posted by vishweshvishwesh  
Pressure probes in palabos
January 31, 2018 05:10AM
Hi!

I am running the dambreak3d show case and want to plot pressure v/s time curve at a set of particular points (I have the physical coordinates of the points). Is it possible to introduce pressure probes in the code somehow?

I am aware of using compurepressure function (similar to externalFlowAroundObstacle.cpp) for exporting pressure values at all points. I guess it's also possible to use ParaView later on during post processing and getting the pressure v/s time plot at the points but is pressure probe method possible in palabos?

Also, considering the following code snippet from external flow around obstacle example:

Language: C++
// Write VTK file for the flow around the obstacle, to be viewed with Paraview. void writeVTK(OffLatticeBoundaryCondition3D<T,DESCRIPTOR,Velocity>& bc, plint iT) { VtkImageOutput3D<T> vtkOut(createFileName("volume", iT, PADDING)); vtkOut.writeData<float>( *bc.computeVelocityNorm(param.boundingBox()), "velocityNorm", param.dx/param.dt ); vtkOut.writeData<3,float>(*bc.computeVelocity(param.boundingBox()), "velocity", param.dx/param.dt); vtkOut.writeData<float>( *bc.computePressure(param.boundingBox()), "pressure", param.dx*param.dx/(param.dt*param.dt) ); }
How do I edit this code for dam break test case? There is no boundary condition (bc) variable there.

Thanks in advance

Vishwesh
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.